There are many benefits to being a tenant at Holdenhurst.
Join a friendly community
Holdenhurst is a supportive, vibrant & like-minded community with active, independent living at its heart. You can get involved as much or as little as you wish, with the freedom to live independently.
Some tenants like to form clubs or join coffee mornings, while others are content with a cheery hello from neighbours and staff. You can relax with a newspaper in the lounge or invite loved ones to the cafe for a cup of tea and slice of cake. Our dedicated Scheme Manager and team are on hand daily to provide help and guidance.
As lovely as Holdenhurst is, you are free to come and go as you please. There are ample opportunities to get out and about and we actively encourage tenants to enjoy all that we have on our doorstep.
Enjoy the benefits of Holdenhurst
- Your monthly charge includes a two-course meal daily and speciality coffee/drinks, so you don’t have to think about cooking if you don’t want to. The restaurant provides delicious, nutritious cooked meals, a rotating menu, and an opportunity to socialise.
- Enjoy the wellbeing suite for exercise, activities and crafts, somewhere to boost your mood and health.
- Appreciate the landscaped community garden, with outdoor seating and patio areas to relax or socialise. For the green-fingered among you there are raised planting beds too.
- Feel great with a haircut at the onsite hairdressers, providing services for women and men for a convenient cut and pamper.
- Tenants are welcome to book additional guests for lunch in the restaurant or use the space for special occasions and events. There is also a guest suite, ideal for when family and friends come to visit. Extra charge applies.
- Access your choice of external care services if and when you need them.
- Our trained, on site management team are available during the week to help support your wellbeing.
- Feel safe and secure with your own front door and video entry system. All apartments have a state-of-the-art Tunstall digital communications system, offering a range of features from safety to buzzing your neighbours!
- The town of Heathfield with its range of shops, cafes and social clubs is just a short walk away.
What is enhanced sheltered housing?
A traditional Abbeyfield house provides enhanced sheltered housing. It is a housing model where extra services are provided, such as the provision of meals. Current thinking for modern, older people’s housing focuses on providing people with the support they need to have full lives, in an environment where support is available but not compulsory.
What does care enabled mean?
Care Enabled means available services are designed to enhance your daily life, alongside the option to access personal care from an external provider. Care Enabled living means that the Holdenhurst team will keep an eye and an ear out for you, without imposing on your independence.
Make your home your own
Holdenhurst offers a choice of one and two bed apartments. The layouts vary slightly according to the position of the apartment in the building, yet all have been thoughtfully designed to maximise light, comfort and flexible space.
Enjoy an independent,
Our new, purpose-built facilities will enable you to live an independent and fulfilling retirement at an affordable price. As well as first-class residential accommodation, Holdenhurst offers a range of additional features and services to enjoy.